As I sit and look out towards the dark calm ocean, I wonder..if I were to jump in and just float away, would anyone notice? I sit here listening to the waves break, the cars pass, the crickets chirp, all this as I soak in this feeling of loneliness. The feeling of sadness. The feeling of emptiness. It surrounds me, it embraces me and makes me a person I do not want to be...I do not want to be the person who always feels alone. I am aware of the people that surround me, I'm aware that there are people who are out there willing lend out their hand, who are willing to offer a shoulder to cry on. But I refuse, instead I choose this sadness, this emptiness, this loneliness because it is all I've ever known. It's shocking to even think that I am alone, when I know I am not. I feel like a burden when I talk or vent to others. I rather deal and listen to other people's problems but my own. I rather fix everyone's problems rather than my own. I rather hurt than be happy. I put everyone's happiness before my own, why? Because that is the type of person that I am. People may not understand it, but that is who I am, who I rather be. It's not healthy, but it is all I've known throughout my life. One day I will learn to make myself happy, and put myself before others. But until then. The loneliness and emptiness will continue to embody itself in my mind, body and soul....
No comments:
Post a Comment