Tuesday, August 2, 2011
The Best Thing I Never Had
"There was a time I thought that you did everything right. No lies, no wrong. Boy I, must've been outta my mind, so when I think of the time that I almost LOVED you, you showed your ass and I saw the real you. I wanted you so bad, I'm so through with it cuz honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had. And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had, I bet it sucks to be you right now." -Beyonce
What's done is done. It is what it is. I can't change a thing that happened. It happened, it's over with, it's done. This past weekend, I realized that I don't need someone who doesn't even care about my feelings, or respect me as a person to hold me down. I admit, I was blind, I was fool, hoping for something to happen, something to spark, something to pick me up and give me hope. But NOPE nothing. After everything, I tried to be friends, you made it so hard. Clearly friendship is what you wanted, but NOW, I'm catching the vibe that you don't even care, that you don't even want me around. I'm not going to say that I regret it, because I don't. It was one of the best things that happened to me, having you. But after all the pain, sadness, excess drinking, frustration and anger, I've decided that enough is enough. I saw what I needed to see this weekend, I heard what I needed to hear. I'm tired of trying to fight for something that doesn't want to be fought for. So you know what, I am soo OVER trying. I'll be around, I'll be there if you need me, I'll still be your friend, but quite frankly I'm so over it that I don't give a shiz about it anymore. I finally opened my eyes and realized what a fool I've been. No more moping around, no more grumbling or complaining. What's done is done. A new attitude and a new way of looking at things. But I hope you know, that no matter what, I'll always be your friend, and I would never let anything come between us, just saying, cuz thats the kind of person I am. But as of right now, I'm letting you go, moving on and bouncing back. I lived. I learned. Now to move forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment